Lyse is a passionate, detail-oriented, collaborative creative with experience in urban design, community engagement, graphic design, architecture and urban planning.
Case Study: Urban Design
Neighborhood plan based on DFC recommendations. Researched, collected, and analyzed census data for site. Designed a ten year plan to create a Carbon Freeway on vacant land near service drive, introduce bioswales and passive landscapes into interior vacant lots, and plan for footpaths and mowed lots to better connect occupied lots.
Case Study: research Report
A historical and contemporary analysis of case study homes based upon average housing stock in Detroit neighborhoods and recommended landscape, planning and architectural treatments for blighted homes and lots.
Case Study: Community Engagement
Analyzed over 4,600 responses from a community survey, compared against Census data, and determined trends and themes. Critically reported results, SWOT analysis, wrote and edited over 30 pages of text, and designed final document, including infographics.
- Led community engagement through surveys, focus groups, meetings and other creative forms of participation.
- Experience researching, analyzing data, critically writing, editing, designing and compiling reports.
- Worked with colleagues, stakeholders, and public input to address problems and determine creative solutions.
- Designed maps (GIS), renderings, infographics, and other graphic materials. Skilled traditional (hand drawing) and digital rendering skills.
- Experience reading zoning maps, code enforcement, variances, plan, and sections.
- Written and coordinated public and private project proposals, RFPs, and grant applications.
- Knowledgeable and interested in contemporary urban planning issues, trends and best practices.
- Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
- The Detroit RiverFront Conservancy
- Detroit Future City
- City of Ferndale
- Focus: HOPE
- Detroit Complete Streets Coalition / Detroit Greenways Coalition
- COTS (Coalition on Temporary Shelter)